No need to fret—we haven’t forgotten about all you alloy fans out there. In fact, the new Stumpjumper Comp Alloy 29 with 12-speed SRAM NX Eagle may be the most radically designed alloy bike ever made. For real, though. And with new tube shapes and an asymmetrical design, it's going to exceed all of your expectations of how a trail bike should ride.
- All bikes are well maintained and pass a safety inspection before use.
- Hire includes a basic bike setup from our mechanic to get you comfortable.
- A Specialized Ambush helmet and gloves are included.
- Pickup and drop off service availble within the Noosa region.
- Extra's such as hydrations packs, trail maps, spares kits and clipless pedals are available.
- Bring your own pedals and shoes if you ride clipless.
- A suspension setup and demo of the E-Bike is provided on collection.
- Hire rate shown is for one calender day.
- Brind ID and a credit card to hire.
- Bookings essential
Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Alloy 29
Our design goal for the new Stumpjumper was simple—build the ultimate trail bike, one that feels telepathic. And it turns out that this feeling all comes down to stiffness. Think of it this way: when the frame's telling your hands one thing and your feet another, your brain gets confused with the imbalance and the bike feels unstable. In order to fix this, we had to get to work on dialing-in the material and shapes.
We continued down the suspension path with a custom Rx Trail Tune on both the fork and rear shock. Suspension performance is highly dependent on frame, wheel, and rider size, so we use our Rx Tune to get each bike to land in the middle of the adjustment spectrum, and this gives you the biggest possible range to fine-tune your ride. Another focal point of the tune was matching the suspension characteristics between wheel sizes—we developed a specific Rx Tune for each platform. So, no matter what wheel size you prefer, you’ll get perfectly linear suspension.
Steps were also taken to make this bike easy to live with. Threaded bottom brackets make a triumphant return, and we made room for up to a 3.0'' tire. You're also free to run whatever aftermarket rear shock you want, since we're using standard metric shocks. And customization is furthered with a Flip Chip that lets you to dial-in your Stumpy to your riding style. Switch it from High to Low and it drops your bottom bracket 6mm and slackens the head tube by half-a-degree. Little details also jump out to surprise you, like a newly designed ribbed chainstay protector that makes chain slap a thing of the past and nearly silences the drivetrain.
The build on this Comp model comes with a list of components that deliver undeniable quality, like a 12-speed SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain, SRAM Guide R disc brakes, FOX front and rear suspension, and Roval Traverse 29 wheels.
- The completely redesigned alloy Stumpjumper frame features an M5 alloy front- and rear-end, an asymmetrical design, and our 29 Trail Geometry, so it's just the right amount of both capable and comfortable.
- The FOX DPS Performance rear shock features our Rx Trail Tune, ensuring that no matter the wheel or frame size, your bike is dialed-in perfectly.
- SRAM's 12-speed NX Eagle groupset features a wide gear range that delivers climbing and descending efficiency in spades.